Environmental Health & Safety
Orange County, CA • Posted November 20, 2023
We’re looking for an Industrial Hygienist to join our Environmental Health & Safety team in the Southern California Area (Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire). Hillmann is a growing, team-oriented company, and we’re looking for a motivated individual to help us build and evolve our business in SoCal.
At Hillmann Consulting, LLC, we provide our staff with the opportunity to drive their own career path. If you are a highly motivated individual with exceptional organization skills who adapts well to change, we can offer you the challenge and compensation that you deserve! Visit the Life tab on our LinkedIn profile to learn more about life at Hillmann.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College Degree (BS, BA, MS, MPH) in a Science-related field is required.
- The ideal candidate would have 2 to 5 years of experience* within the industry, preferably with experience conducting asbestos, lead, radon, indoor air quality, and mold/moisture inspections. Any due diligence experience (Phase I ESA/II) is a plus.
- Well-spoken and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deal directly with clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Valid DL and reliable transportation for work in California and surrounding states.
- Must be available for work during off-hour shifts on an emergency, as-needed basis.
- Asbestos – Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC) or Certified Site Surveillance Technician (CSST) required.**
- Lead – Inspector/Assessor or Sampling technician preferred.
- CHMM, 40 Hour HAZWOPER, 10/30 Hour Construction Safety, CIE, CMI are desirable but not required.
*We are willing to provide guidance and training to the right individual even without experience.
**We will also consider candidates with their initial asbestos AHERA certifications who are eligible to take the state certification test.
- Conduct investigations related to Industrial Hygiene including developing remediation plans, scopes of work, reporting findings and results to clients, and writing reports in accordance with regulations and applicable industry guidelines. These include indoor air quality investigations, mold/moisture inspections within commercial/residential properties, asbestos containing material surveys, lead based paint inspections, and risk assessments.
- Obtain and maintain applicable certifications and licenses.
- Respond to client emergencies during normal business and off-peak hours as necessary.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance
- VTO – An extra paid day off to volunteer for the cause of your choice and great opportunities to participate in many of Hillmann’s charitable endeavors.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information.
Learn More About Hillmann:
- Our Values | Strong Values Build Stronger Communities
- Our Team | Get to Know Our Talented Team
- Our Communities | Making An Impact
- Follow Hillmann in LinkedIn
Ready. Set. Send Us Your Resume!
- 4 Year Degree (relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Well-spoken with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients in a professional and proactive manner
- Computer skills including Microsoft 365 & Teams
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information. Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages everyone to apply.