Now, more than ever, providing a healthy indoor environment can help establish a building as a premiere property, making it more attractive to potential tenants. Whether it’s a commercial or residential property, a proactive approach to Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is key. The benefits of a proactive approach include the following:
Maintain Healthy Indoor Environments
– Assess present IAQ conditions using direct read instrumentation and applicable analytical methodologies to ensure a more comfortable and productive working environment via monitoring of potential indicator chemicals and pollutants; moisture assessment and management to address water impacted building materials; and the development of corrective action/recommendations to address and rectify potential IAQ issues.
– Accurately and effectively diagnose a building’s environment before potential issues become occupant concerns.
Increase Marketability & Value
– Provide an independently maintained and documented history of indoor working conditions for potential tenants.
– Realize higher occupancy rates which translate into premium lease fees.
– Protect your investment with regular assessments to present a comprehensive IAQ program to prospective tenants.
– Avoid costly litigation with evidence of providing a healthy environment with an established proactive plan.
Optimize Building Operations
– Make efficiency improvements to lower operations and maintenance costs and increase capital resources.
– Decrease the time and resources needed to identify the source of occupant complaints.
– Provide valuable third-party verification in support of building and operation system maintenance.
Enhance Tenant Relations
– Illustrate your commitment to proactively protecting human health and safety in your buildings.
When unknown environmental contaminants are suspected of affecting Indoor Air Quality, we can conduct a Sick Building Response Survey. Our survey includes, but is not limited to, occupant/tenant interviews (as needed), a review of the building’s history, visual inspection of the HVAC system, and potential environmental risk factors. Sick Building Response Surveys are a reactive measure that is typically initiated by an occupant/tenant complaint. Having a proactive IAQ plan in place also serves as a baseline, which plays a critical role in resolving occupant concerns quickly and efficiently.
Curious about your building’s IAQ? CONTACT US
Hillmann Makes Inc. 5000 Regionals NY Metro List
March 23, 2021
Pacific Northwest Expansion
March 14, 2021