Business Development Manager – Southern CA
Sales & Marketing
Orange, CA • Posted May 6, 2022
Hillmann Consulting, LLC has an immediate need for a Business Development Manager to join our high performance Sales & Marketing team in Orange, CA. Travel throughout Southern California to meet prospects, attend networking events and industry functions, and perform sales duties is required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing sales leads and establishing prospect relationships in support of our business development and operations teams. The position researches, identifies, and generates new business opportunities; initiates prospect contact; conducts follow-up communications; develops relationships with new and existing customers; provides key account management; networks at industry functions and conferences; organizes and attends on-site meetings and keeps accurate activity records in our database.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College Degree in Business or related-field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to problem solve and multi-task.
- Outgoing and confident individual who thrives in social settings.
- Ability to work in the evening to attend networking events and client functions.
- Leadership skills including the ability to inspire teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to utilize social intelligence in prospect and client interaction and engagement.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Teams and LinkedIn.
- Comfortable with semi-remote management by senior colleagues and/or upper management team.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Source and identify leads in conjunction with target market, geographic location, and industry assignments.
- Research and identify new business opportunities.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels within the client organizations to drive expanded revenues.
- Participate in networking events, trade shows, conferences, and industry functions.
- Engage in social interactions to identify and build rapport with prospective clients.
- Schedule, coordinate, attend, and organize on-site meetings and implement appropriate follow-up activities.
- Achieve target goals for lead generation, calls, appointments, and touchpoints.
- Provide client and prospect entertainment (within expense allowance).
- Evaluation of bid opportunities with management.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is committed to the professional development and well-being of our employees. The following benefits are offered to employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-401(k) plan
- Tuition assistance
- Child care benefit
- Hybrid office work option
- VTO – An extra paid day off to volunteer for the cause of your choice and great opportunities to participate in many of Hillmann’s charitable endeavors.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages everyone to apply.
Ready. Set. Send Us Your Resume!
- 4 Year Degree (relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Well-spoken with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients in a professional and proactive manner
- Computer skills including Microsoft 365 & Teams
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information. Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages everyone to apply.