Environmental Health & Safety
Springfield, VA • Posted February 19, 2024
Hillmann Consulting, LLC has an immediate need for a Project Manager to join our team in Springfield, VA. The ideal candidate will oversee Building Sciences projects under their direction. Duties include accomplishing project objectives by performing direct field work, planning and managing project activities, project team management, personnel and equipment scheduling, report preparation, quality assurance, and client service relations. Hillmann is a fast growing, team-oriented company looking for a motivated individual to grow with us.
At Hillmann Consulting, LLC, we provide our staff with the opportunity to drive their own career path. If you are a highly motivated individual with exceptional organization skills who adapts well to change, we can offer you the challenge and compensation that you deserve! Visit the Life tab on our LinkedIn profile to learn more about life at Hillmann.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College Degree (or equivalent Baccalaureate degree) in Environmental Sciences or equivalent required.
- AHERA Asbestos Inspector/Management Planner and/or Virginia Project Monitor certifications or ability to obtain preferred.
- Virginia and Maryland Asbestos Inspector licenses or ability to obtain preferred.
- Virginia/Maryland/DC Lead Inspector licenses or ability to obtain preferred.
- Experience with client communication and expectation management throughout project life cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; technical writing abilities are a plus.
- Valid US driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel required.
- Manages the day-to-day operational, functional, and customer service aspects of assigned projects.
- Performs direct fieldwork including site investigation, sampling, project meetings, and related activities. Prepares and maintains all project documentation including but not limited to field notes, site photos, site plans, sample chain of custody forms, reports, drawings, regulatory forms and filings, scopes of work, operations and maintenance programs, contractor bid materials, change order forms, and project correspondence.
- Assists in the creation and monitoring of project work plans to ensure technical efficacy and the timely completion of tasks and submission of deliverables.
- Assists in implementing project review and quality assurance procedures to ensure the successful execution of client engagements.
- Manages the day-to-day client, contractor, and vendor interaction on projects under their direction.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to their superiors.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by project teams before client distribution.
- Determines applicability of regulations and regulatory jurisdictions over projects with respect to their expertise.
- Facilitates team and client project meetings as necessary. Prepare and maintain documentation of all meeting agendas, issues, and resolutions for follow-up.
- Prepares cost proposals.
- Ensures employees are properly briefed on the technical and financial expectations of each project upon commencement.
- Prepares invoices and ensures invoice delivery.
- Regularly visits project sites to ensure compliance.
- Ensures project files are properly maintained and stored.
- Mentors technical operations staff through formal and informal channels.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance
- VTO – An extra paid day off to volunteer for the cause of your choice and great opportunities to participate in many of Hillmann’s charitable endeavors.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information.
Learn More About Hillmann:
- Our Values | Strong Values Build Stronger Communities
- Our Team | Get to Know Our Talented Team
- Our Communities | Making An Impact
- Follow Hillmann in LinkedIn
- Follow Hillmann Development Advisors (HDA) on LinkedIn
Ready. Set. Send Us Your Resume!
- 4 Year Degree (relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Well-spoken with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients in a professional and proactive manner
- Computer skills including Microsoft 365 & Teams
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information. Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages everyone to apply.