Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S)
Union, NJ • Posted February 25, 2023
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is looking for an Industrial Hygienist to join our Environmental Health & Safety team based out of our Union, NJ office. Hillmann is a fast growing, team-oriented company and we’re looking for a motivated individual to grow with us to help build and evolve our business.
As one of the nation’s leading environmental consultants, Hillmann delivers environmental consulting with an uncompromising commitment to customer service, safety, and increasing value and quality to our clients. Our team has a good working knowledge of federal and state regulations. We develop programs for compliance with OSHA, DOT and EPA. This includes program design, exposure assessment, development of engineering controls, required training classes and documentation.
We provide our team with the opportunity to drive their own career path. If you are a highly motivated individual with exceptional organization skills who adapts well to change, we can offer you the challenge and compensation you deserve!
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College Degree (BS, MS, MPH) in a Science-related field is required
- Candidate should have 0 to 5 years of experience within industry, preferably with experience conducting lead, asbestos, indoor air quality, mold/moisture inspections and/or Phase I ESA’s
- Well-spoken and excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Certification (CHMM, 40 Hour HAZWOPER, 10/30 Hour Construction Safety, CIE, CMI) is desirable but not required
- PA/Philadelphia Asbestos Inspector / Project Monitor / Project Designer / Management Planner license or ability to obtain preferred
- NJ/PA Lead Inspector / Assessor license or ability to obtain preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for work in New Jersey and surrounding states
- Eager and available to work flexible and extra hours
- Must be available for work during off-hour shifts on an emergency, as-needed basis
- Conduct investigations, develop remediation plans, and report findings and results in accordance with regulations and applicable industry guidelines
- Perform air, surface, and water sampling according to EPA, OSHA, NIOSH, and industry analytical methods
- Perform lead based paint inspections & risk assessments
- Perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Perform asbestos containing material surveys
- Perform employee exposure monitoring for various environmental hazards
- Perform employee noise exposure assessments
- Perform mold/moisture inspections within commercial/residential properties and generate remediation scope of work plans
- Perform indoor air quality investigations
- Obtain and maintain applicable certifications and licenses
- Respond to client emergencies during normal business and off-peak hours as necessary
- Other responsibilities as needed/required
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is committed to the professional development and well-being of our employees. The following benefits are offered to employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance
- VTO – An extra paid day off to volunteer for the cause of your choice and great opportunities to participate in many of Hillmann’s charitable endeavors.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information.
Ready. Set. Send Us Your Resume!
- 4 Year Degree (relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Well-spoken with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients in a professional and proactive manner
- Computer skills including Microsoft 365 & Teams
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information. Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages everyone to apply.