San Francisco, CA • Posted January 9, 2022
We’re looking for a Construction Associate to join our Construction Advisory group in San Francisco, CA. Our Construction Advisory team has nationwide reach with experience in materializing aviation, commercial, educational, healthcare, hospitality, industrial, and residential programs. The ideal candidate will be partially remote and will work from project site and/or home. Hillmann is a fast growing, team-oriented company, looking for a motivated individual to grow and develop with us.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
- Consideration will be given to candidates which have achieved an equivalent level of experience inclusive of related/similar project work and education in addition to coursework in pursuit or attainment of a related professional certification for qualification including but not limited to: RA, PE, PMP, LEED AP, NCIDQ, RICS.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in the residential and/or commercial setting.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment.
- Ability to read contract and shop drawings.
- Well-spoken with excellent verbal and written communication skills; technical writing abilities and an eye for detail are a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Experience with client communication and expectation management.
- Comfortable with semi-remote management by senior colleagues and/or upper management team.
- Experience working with a GCs in the construction industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel required; additional software experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of BIM technology and scheduling standards.
- Knowledge of construction computer software or systems.
- Valid DL and reliable means of transportation for travel to project sites.
- Support the day-to-day operational aspects of a project, including the budget, base scope and additional services.
- Support overall management administration to project and assist in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
- Review deliverables prepared by the team.
- Ensure project documents, including legal documents, contracts, and task orders are reviewed, approved, signed and filed per Hillmann protocol.
- Track and report hours and manage project budget.
- Facilitate team and client meetings.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to the client, team, and internal leadership.
- Deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations.
- Consistently acknowledge, appreciate, and motivate individual staff and project team.
- Effectively utilize each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Manage day-to-day client interactions and expectations.
- Develop lasting relationships with clients and develop opportunities for new projects.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to elevate the client experience.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is committed to the professional development and well-being of our employees. The following benefits are offered to employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-401(k) plan
- Tuition assistance
- Child care benefit
- Hybrid office work option
- VTO – An extra paid day off to volunteer for the cause of your choice and great opportunities to participate in many of Hillmann’s charitable endeavors.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages everyone to apply.
Ready. Set. Send Us Your Resume!
- 4 Year Degree (relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Well-spoken with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients in a professional and proactive manner
- Computer skills including Microsoft 365 & Teams
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information. Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages everyone to apply.