Construction Advisory Project Manager
New York/ New Jersey • Posted October 22, 2021
Hillmann’s Construction Advisory team has nationwide reach with experience in materializing aviation, commercial, educational, healthcare, hospitality, industrial, and residential programs. At Hillmann, our core values are integrity, people, service, expertise, and business acumen. The foundation of what we are built on is our culture which includes taking care of the communities we do work in and our own employees.
We have an immediate need for a Project Manager to join our Construction Advisory group in the New York/New Jersey area. Candidate will be partially remote and will work from project site and/or home. Hillmann is a fast growing, team-oriented company, looking for a motivated individual to grow and develop with us.
The successful candidate will visit construction sites and completed building, promote a positive attitude as well as a willingness to learn, adapt, and overcome challenges, and develop their individual strengths and abilities to foster career growth.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or associated field.
- Consideration will be given to candidates which have achieved an equivalent level of experience inclusive of related/similar project work and education in addition to coursework in pursuit or attainment of a related professional certification for qualification including but not limited to: RA, PE, PMP, LEED AP, NCIDQ, RICS.
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of experience in field related work required
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment.
- Well-spoken with excellent verbal and written communication skills; technical writing abilities are a plus.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Experience with client communication and expectation management.
- Comfortable with semi-remote management by senior colleagues and/or upper management team
- Experience with a General Contractors (GC) in the construction market.
- Project experience to include residential and/or commercial.
- Construction, building, and business acumen preferred.
- Ability to read contract and shop drawings required.
- Knowledge of BIM technology and scheduling standards.
- Knowledge of construction computer software or systems.
- Valid DL and reliable method of transportation to perform site visits as necessary.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of a project, including the budget, base scope and additional services.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by the team.
- Assumes responsibility (in partnership with the Construction Director and Technical Director) for financial, technical and design excellence, overall quality and client satisfaction.
- Ensures project documents, including legal documents, contracts, and task orders are reviewed, approved, signed and filed per Hillmann protocol.
- Project accounting.
- Tracks and reports hours and manage project budget.
- Facilitates team and client meetings.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to the client, team, and internal leadership.
- Delivers engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations.
- Consistently acknowledges, appreciates, and motivates both individual staff and project team.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Client management.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with clients and develops opportunities for new projects.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is committed to the professional development and well-being of our employees. The following benefits are offered to employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-401(k) plan
- Continuing education tuition assistance
- Child care benefit
- VTO – An extra paid day off to volunteer for the cause of your choice and great opportunities to participate in many of Hillmann’s charitable endeavors.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages everyone to apply.
Ready. Set. Send Us Your Resume!
- 4 Year Degree (relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Well-spoken with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients in a professional and proactive manner
- Computer skills including Microsoft 365 & Teams
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information. Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages everyone to apply.